Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, home field of the Alabama Crimson Tide, has been listed as the 8th-best stadium experience among all sports in the United States in 2012 by Stadium Journey Magazine. The stadium is the only college stadium that made the top ten.
According to a release by the magazine, the list was compiled by over 80 contributors to the ranking, and takes into account the food and beverage at the stadium, overall atmosphere, surrounding neighborhood, fans, access and return on investment.
The magazine also gives bonus points for unique features of a given stadium.
Constructed in 1929, Bryant-Denny has been expanded over the years to its current capacity of 101,821. Alabama is 212-50-3 all-time at the stadium. The stadium is named for legendary Crimson Tide coach Paul “Bear” Bryant and former University of Alabama president Dr. George Denny.
The top ten stadium experiences as ranked by the magazine are:
1. Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis Colts
2. Fenway Park, Boston Red Sox
3. Compton Family Ice Arena, Notre Dame Fighting Irish
4. Daytona International Speedway, Daytona 500
5. Xcel Energy Center, Minnesota Wild
6. Verizon Center, Washington Capitals
7. CenturyLink Field, Seattle Sounders FC
8. Bryant-Denny Stadium, Alabama Crimson Tide
9. Target Field, Minnesota Twins
10. Staples Center, Los Angeles Lakers