Before the Alabama Crimson Tide players hit the field for practice, a few of them were made available to the media on Monday afternoon. Check out the videos below and the highlights.
- Confident in both quarterbacks (Sims and Coker). Will be confident in who Saban decides to put out there.
- Talking about freshman left tackle Cameron Robinson: Says it feels to good to come in as a freshman wanting to start and to see it come to fruition.
- Both quarterbacks have been throwing on time and reading defenses well.
- Says a big thing that comes with leadership is confidence
- Not focused on last year. Tired of practicing against each other and ready to play the first game.
- Check out Karen’s story on “Jocks and Locks.”
- The quarterback competition is close. Players have no idea who is going to start.
- Doesn’t see it as a negative that the Tide doesn’t have a number one quarterback. The team has adapted to it.
- The experienced offensive line, three great running backs and awesome receivers will be great for the starter. Team is in good hands at every position.
- Coach Cristobal has been working on technique to get the line to get a push and be more physical if they don’t show it in practice.
- Says he tries to lead by example and also vocally.
- Amazing to see how far the quarterbacks have progressed since the start of camp.
- Camp was hard but the team pushed through it and came together as a team.
- Not focused on depth chart. Just found out today that it was even being released. Focused on doing what the team needs to do to get better.
- Team has players that do the right things on and off the field and are established as leaders.
- Defense has been working hard to stop the hurry up no huddle offenses.
- Defense also has a lot of depth so they can rotate in and out often.
- Allen feels his confidence has built as opposed to last year.
- They are ready to establish their new identity, as Coach Saban would say.
- No matter who gets the nod at quarterback, the team will go out and support him.
- Fowler says he doesn’t really see a big difference between Coker and Sims.
- Doesn’t see it as a negative that there has been no decision on the quarterback. Both guys are good players. Team can win with either one.
- Any of the running backs can “get out there and play”.
- Says for the first time in a long time, he feels great. Body feels good and no injuries.
- Wants to get back to playing Alabama football: physical, pride, and everything else that they preach.
- Says it’s a blessing to play but really up to Coach Saban and who he wants to put out there.
- Can see leadership qualities in Trey DePriest and Landon Collins. Also on the offensive side from Arie Kouandjio.
- Ready to play and to see how it is out there on the field.
- Mentions the motivating factor from losing last season’s final games that the others mentioned.
- Defense is older now and a better unit.
- Knows the leaders from watching the younger guys and who they go to for questions. Says you can go to anyone on this team.
- Collins thinks the younger players’ questions to him makes him a better player because he can see what they see and what they are thinking.
- Did a lot of riding an exercise bike to get in shape for fast paced offenses. Also says the team goes as fast as possible during practice.
- Loves to play on special teams because that’s where it started but understands if Saban limits him.
- Defense wants to finish ranked number one at the end of the year.