Practice Report 9-11-2013 As reported by AL.com
- DE Ed Stinson, who was mentioned in the Yahoo! report but not specifically implicated of any wrongdoing, was at practice.
- Alabama media relations officials were business as usual, too. ESPN’s Shannon Spake was doing a live spot during the open viewing period.
- Alabama is likely cranking up the crowd noise while it works inside. It’s a lot easier to make it loud in the Hank Crisp Indoor Facility than it is outside.
- Jalston Fowler was with the running backs yet again. He’s worked with this group during the media viewing period every practice since the Virginia Tech game.
- Alabama’s passing drills were moving at a speedy pace. A little bit quicker than what we normally see.
- TE Brian Vogler was spotted wearing a soft cast on his hand earlier this week, but he hasn’t worn one at the past two practices.
- QB Parker McLeod continues to wear No. 16, the number worn by Johnny Manziel’s backup, Matt Joeckel.
You can read more of the report here
Former Alabama star D.J. Fluker, Luther Davis Implicated in Extra Benefits Report
- FROM AL.COM: Five SEC football players including former Crimson Tide star lineman D.J. Fluker received extra benefits as college football players, Yahoo! Sports reported Wednesday afternoon.The report indicates the benefits came from multiple sources and involves sport agents. The report was based on financial and text messages belonging to former Crimson Tide defensive lineman Luther Davis who allegedly worked as a runner for the agents.
Tider Florida’s Alabama vs Texas A&M: Game Primer
- The second week of the 2013 college football season is behind us and it was certainly a strange week on and off the field. Week two isn’t the usual week that the Tide are resting with a bye and Tide fans were watching all the games they could in trying to fill their football hunger to no avail. Meanwhile, Johnny “football” Manziel and his teammates had one more warm up game as they took the field against an over-matched Sam Houston State team before the Tide come to Kyle field looking for redemption. Read the entire breakdown here.
CBSSports.com Expert’s Picks for the Games This Weekend
- All of CBS’s Experts pick the Tide to win Saturday in College Station and 4 of the 6 predict Bama to cover an 8.5 point spread. See these picks and other here.
Texas A&M vs Alabama tickets are the Most Expensive Ticket for a Regular Season College Game Ever
- If LSU-Bama two years ago was the Game of the Century, A&M versus Alabama this weekend is the Game of the Millennium, at least based on the ticket market. On TiqIQ.com, tickets to the see Johnny Football’s try and revisit his role of David to Alabama’s Goliath are selling for an average of $763 on the secondary ticket market–$50 more than the Game of the Century. The game is also the most expensive regular season college football game ever…at least since we’ve been tracking the market over the last four years. Read more here at Forbes’ website
ESPN Videos of Interest
- Alabama QB AJ McCarron discusses his team’s upcoming matchup against Texas A&M.
- Alabama coach Nick Saban sits down with Shannon Spake to discuss his team’s upcoming matchup against Texas A&M.
- Legendary Alabama coach Bear Bryant talked about the player he wanted at Alabama and how its those players that win games, but coaches that lose them.
Laurence “Hootie” Jones Recruiting Info
Coach Saban Press Conference (Monday)
Keep checking the message boards at The Houndztooth for more news and discussion. Sign up today! It’s absolutely free!