- Whatever rehab center Ryan Kelly is doing for his stretched MCL, he was doing it away from the Alabama practice fields. Kelly was nowhere to be seen as Chad Lindsay worked as Alabama’s first-team center. Kelly is out for at least the next two weeks.
- For a second, it looked like RB T.J. Yeldon’s reps were being limited. Nope. He was just getting some extra tape on his wrists. Looks like he’s recovered from a “butt bruise” that caused him some issues in Saturday’s game.
- All of Alabama’s freshman running backs were in scout team jerseys. Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny wore No. 22 (Jonathan Jean-Bart) while Alvin Kamara and Tyren Jones wore No. 21 (Travis Evans).
- Some other common scout team numbers: 3 (LB Tarris Batiste), 46 (LB Jarrell Robinson) and 85 (Shawayne Lawrence).
- NG Brandon Ivory, who went down for a bit in Saturday’s third quarter, looks to be fine.
- Injured defensive linemen Dakota Ball and Dalvin Tomlinson continue to go through their rehabilitation away from the practice fields. It’s at least another month for Ball while Tomlinson is out for the season.
The Houndztooth Blog Links
- The tickets are priced at $55 apiece and are located in the top rows of the end zone upper decks.
- Click here for more infomation on purchasing ticketss.
- “It’s Alabama, they have strong backs that are going to have decent vision and make good decisions,” Agnew told the AJC. “But we’ve played big backs before, I’ve played big backs before. It’s about making sure we wrap up and it’s about playing physical. “Once you get that physicality instilled, we’re on a level playing field.” Click the title for the link to read more.
- Looking to his left, Anthony Steen saw something new. It was the first half of Saturday’s 25-0 win over Ole Miss and there was Chad Lindsay. He was a mid-game replacement for injured center Ryan Kelly and the heat was on. Steen, the starting right guard, is Lindsay’s neighbor on the line. He came away impressed. Click the title for the link to read more.
- Fans can purchase season tickets for all 18 home dates at one of two price options. For $264, a seat can be purchased along either sideline above the Tide Pride seating or along the baseline above the Tide Pride sections. For $172 – less than $10 per game – a seat can be reserved in the corner sections of Coleman Coliseum.
- The TIDE PRIDE/Ticket Office has also created season ticket plans aimed directly at young alumni and UA parents with both groups being able to purchase season tickets in the $264 sections for $172. The young alumni pricing is limited to students that graduated after 2009 and a campus-wide identification number (CWID) will be needed to qualify for the offer. Parents of current UA students can also take advantage of the exceptional offer by furnishing their student’s CWID when purchasing season tickets. Click the title link for more information.
- The 2013-14 Alabama men’s basketball season is officially underway as the team held its first two practices of the year at Coleman Coliseum. The Crimson Tide’s first official practice was held on Saturday, Sept. 28, with the second session of the new season on Monday afternoon in the basketball practice facility. Click the title link for more and also some video.
- Fans can purchase season ticket packages for all 14 home games, which are played at Foster Auditorium, through the Alabama Ticket Office by visiting in person at Coleman Coliseum, calling 205-348-2262 or online at RollTide.com. Reserved general admission tickets are $45 for the public, $35 for groups of four or more and $25 for faculty/staff and senior citizens. All seats are located in section FL-G across from the Crimson Tide bench.
Fall Practice Schedule – Week Two
Tuesday, Oct. 1 Practice 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 2 Practice 2:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 3 Practice 2:30 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 4 Scrimmage 6:05 p.m. first pitch (14 innings)
Batting Practice 5:00 p.m.
Stretch 4:45 p.m.
Photo Courtesy of Roger Meyers