Keep checking The Houndztooth Message Board for all of your Bama Sports and Recruiting discussions.
Click on the titles to read more of the story.
- None of Alabama’s players were wearing scout team jerseys, so that means the LSU prep really isn’t getting started until Monday. It’s not just coachspeak when Nick Saban says the Crimson Tide isn’t devoting the entire two weeks to the Tigers.
- CB Deion Belue was not with the defensive backs during the first part of the viewing session but rejoined the group near the end. He was wearing a normal jersey, but it looks like he was in store for a limited day.
- WR Christion Jones appeared to be dealing with some sort of minor injury. He was jogging back and forth while the wide receivers went through drills with the quarterbacks.
- RB Derrick Henry was not present during the viewing session. His absence was excused, an Alabama spokesman confirmed to AL.com.
- DE LaMichael Fanning’s suspension remains ongoing. He was not in attendance.
- RB Jalston Fowler (concussion) continued to wear a black, non-contact jersey. Saban said Thursday that Fowler was “fine.”
- Nick Saban celebrates his 62nd birthday on Thursday and the rest of Tuscaloosa, it seems, is celebrating with him.
- Do Auburn and Alabama make it to the Iron Bowl without losing a game in between? Advance Digital’s Gary Laney discusses with Alabama Media Group’s Michael Casagrande and NOLA.com’s Jim Kleinpeter in this special bonus episode of SEC+.
- Few stand a chance of catching Alabama in the SEC West. So let’s break down the candidates and their roads.
- Off weeks before a big game often produce a variety of debates. Heading into next week’s clash between LSU and Alabama, one topic is whether LSU or Auburn has the better shot of beating the Tide.
- Alabama linebacker Trey DePriest saw significant action against LSU in the 2012 BCS title game after C.J. Mosley’s injury.
- The Alabama verbal commitment has been unable to continue in two games this season with muscle cramps. He’s adopted several methods over the last few weeks to prevent future occurrences.
- This week on the Alabama Football Podcast, AL.com Tuscaloosa Bureau reporter Ben Flanagan joins me to discuss the week’s biggest headlines, review the Tide’s win over Tennessee and look ahead to the rest of the Tide’s season.
- One of the nation’s top left tackles has a new move in his repertoire.
- It is impressive for any back to have 1,000 yards through nine games. But what about close to 2,000 in Class 5A? That’s what Pinson Valley junior Nick Gibson has done. Alabama assistant coach Mario Cristobal visited his school on Monday for further evaluation.