Keep checking The Houndztooth Message Board for all of your Bama Sports and Recruiting discussions.
Click on the titles to read more of the story.
- CB Bradley Sylve is still limping a bit as he goes through drills. We’ll get an update on his status from Nick Saban after practice, but it appears that Cyrus Jones is the likely choice to start opposite of Deion Belue on Saturday.
- DL Dakota Ball is no longer wearing a black, non-contact jersey. He’s been back on the practice field for a week after missing more than a month with a broken foot. He was a member of the scout team.
- DL Wilson Love remains sidelined with an unspecified injury.
- Figuring out a pecking order on Alabama’s defensive line isn’t the easiest thing to accomplish because there are so many variables, but here’s what we saw during one particular drill. First group was Jeoffrey Pagan, Brandon Ivory and Ed Stinson. Second was Jonathan Allen,Darren Lake and A’Shawn Robinson. Third was Dee Liner, Korren Kirven and Anthony Orr.
- Alabama’s inside linebackers were working on the read option during today’s viewing period. Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott is questionable for Saturday’s game because of an elbow injury, but it doesn’t appear the Crimson Tide is taking any chances.
- They’re two of five players from the SEC to make the list.
- AL.com recruiting reporter Matt Scalici continues our series with a look at the Crimson Tide’s linebackers.
- MSU coach Dan Mullen says dual-threat QB “might try to do some things in practice today,” will be monitored throughout the week before decision on status is made.
- Gary Laney of Advance Digital discusses the five best defensive players in the SEC. Vote for your choice.
- All five of the Bulldogs losses have come to teams that were either ranked in the top 20 at the time or are currently a top 20 team.
- Mosley and AJ McCarron also named semifinalists for the Walter Camp Award.
- ESPN.com columnist says Ball State would score on Alabama in a fictional game.
- With big games this week in Auburn and Columbia, all 14 SEC head coaches address the media in the league’s weekly teleconference.
- Get the latest on all 14 teams around the league in our Wednesday morning edition of SEC links.
- “You need to take back the state of Alabama.”
- Alabama guarding against a repeat of 2012 LSU hangover.
- The fifth-year senior made the biggest play of his Alabama career to prevent LSU from scoring an early touchdown.
- PredictionMachine.com takes a look at the possible national championship games involving the four remaining unbeatens.
- University of Alabama head men’s basketball coach Anthony Grant announced the signing of three student-athletes to National Letters of Intent on Wednesday, during the first day of the early signing period. Guards Justin Coleman (Birmingham, Ala./Wenonah HS), Devin Mitchell (Suwanee, Ga./Collins Hills HS) and Riley Norris (Albertville, Ala./Albertville HS) are each rated as top-100 recruits nationally and slated to join the Crimson Tide on the court for the 2014-15 season.
- The Alabama gymnastics team has added five gymnasts to its lineup in the early signing period, including two that are slated to join the Crimson Tide for the spring semester head coach Sarah Patterson announced on Wednesday.