Keep checking The Houndztooth Message Board for all of your Bama Sports and Recruiting discussions.
Click on the titles to read more of the story.
- Tight end Brian Vogler was doing more stretching and mobility tests with head trainer Jeff Allen after spraining his ankle Saturday. He was doing the absolute basics during Monday’s media viewing period, but progressed to a 3-point stance during Tuesday’s short observation window.
- Running back T.J. Yeldon was mostly watching the individual drills after spraining his ankle Saturday as well. He was again in a regular white jersey (Vogler was in black again) but walked past the drills instead of participating.
- Tight end O.J. Howard was participating in all the drills after being limited Monday.
- Cornerback Deion Belue wasn’t participating much, but that isn’t a breaking development. A turf toe has limited him quite a bit all season in practice but hasn’t missed much game action.
- There was still a hint of a limp from cornerback Bradley Sylve as he sprinted after a pass in individual drills. He’s still recovering from the high-ankle sprain in the Arkansas game.
- The average asking price for an Iron Bowl ticket is $618.60, almost double since the summer. The get-in price for Alabama-Auburn is around $400, up from $125 in 2012 and $175 in 2011.
- A look at two of Geno Smith’s biggest plays of the season.
- Late Monday night, Class of 2014 offensive guard Viane Talamaivo decommitted from Alabama and committed to USC.
- This is why Nick Saban and Mario Cristobal have continued to recruit offensive linemen.
- In the eight games since he was traded from the Cleveland Browns to the Colts, Richardson has 96 carries for 272 yards
- Alabama is boring, Cole Cubelic told the Gulf Coast Athletic Club on Monday night, and that wasn’t a putdown coming from a former Auburn center. Now, a football color analyst and sports-talk radio host, Cubelic meant it as a compliment.
- After weeks of ascending, the Crimson Tide O-line looks for a better effort against Chattanooga after an up-and-down performance at Mississippi State.
- “A heartbreaker for Georgia, but think about what that meant for Auburn and the chance to set up the Iron Bowl. Unbelievable.”
- Alabama continues to play at a faster pace this season and it pays off as Alabama scores over 100 points for the first time since 2005. The game remained close for a majority of the 1st half as Stillman continued to hit threes that you wouldn’t even see taken in a pick-up game at your local rec center. Alabama started to pull away in the latter minutes of the half as Alabama lead 52 to 36 at halftime. Levi Randolph led the way in scoring in the 1st half with 15 points, including 2 threes.