Keep checking The Houndztooth Message Board for all of your Bama Sports and Recruiting discussions.
Click on the titles to read more of the story.
- Tight end Brian Vogler was in a normal jersey for the first day this week after wearing a non-contact jersey Monday and Tuesday. He was not active during blocking drills, though. On Tuesday, Anthony Steen made it sound like Vogler wouldn’t be playing Saturday.
- Running back T.J. Yeldon was with his position group but not going through drills for a third consecutive day. He’s dealing with a sprained ankle.
- Echo that with cornerback Deion Belue, who has been bothered by nagging toe and hamstring injuries this season. Neither Belue nor Yeldon were in non-contact jerseys.
- Jalston Fowler briefly spent some time with the H-Backs and tight ends during the end of today’s media session. Fowler, of course, plays this position, but we’ve seen him almost exclusively with the running backs during media viewing sessions since the start of the season.
- Defensive lineman Wilson Love remains a non-participant.
- Former Alabama wide receiver Brandon Gibson watched today’s practice.
- AHSAA Executive Director Steve Savarese and other high-ranking members of the AHSAA were in attendance. Bryant-Denny Stadium will host the Super Six next week.
- Will play Sept 13, 2014. Bye weeks before road games at Ole Miss and LSU. That finalizes it.
- The tickets are $55 and fans can purchase them in unlimited quantities.
- The Iron Bowl rivalry is heating up on the recruiting trail this week. Opelika four-star cornerback Stephen Roberts has flipped his commitment from Alabama to Auburn, according to Opelika head coach Brian Blackmon.
- A game-by-game breakdown of the next Alabama outing following a Sports Illustrated cover appearance.
- In an appearance on The Dan Patrick Show Wednesday morning, Malzahn was asked about his relationship with Alabama coach Nick Saban. “I believe we both have respect for each other professionally,” Malzahn said. “I’ve got a lot of respect for him, he’s done a great job at that place, and he’s one of the best in the business.”
- It’s the 17th time a Crimson Tide player has been featured on the cover during the Nick Saban era.
- He’s one of 16 semifinalists, three of whom are from the SEC.
- Scanning the headlines from Chattanooga as the Mocs prepare to face the Crimson Tide.
AL.com’s Randy Kennedy and Mike Herndon discuss four-star prospect Viane Talamaivao decision to de-commit from Alabama. Herndon says it was “not entirely surprising” the offensive lineman chose Southern Cal.
- As an epic Iron Bowl approaches Nov. 30 between unbeaten Alabama and one-loss Auburn, here’s a look at the origins of these odd chants.
- When it comes to Las Vegas, Alabama quarterback has third best chance of winning behind Jameis Winston and Johnny Manziel
- “When your helmet is made with real bits of gold, you know it’s good.”
- This week all nine players from the 2014 Alabama baseball recruiting class will be featured on RollTide.com. Today’s featured players are catcher Matt Morgan from Thorsby, Ala., and right-handed pitcher Logan Ashworth from Port Neches, Texas. Click the title to check out the feature on these 2 signees.
- The women’s basketball team (0-3) will play its first home game of the 2013-14 season on Thursday when it welcomes Wisconsin (3-0) to Tuscaloosa. The game is slated to tip off at 7 p.m. CT in Foster Auditorium.