Check out position grades for the wide receivers and tight end in the Alabama football 2020 Signing Class.
The Alabama football signing class is not expected to be complete at tight end. There is a possibility another wide receiver could be added as well.
The number of returning wide receivers will not be known for another week or so. For the purpose of this conversation, we will assume Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs III will choose NFL early-entry.
There are repeated rumors Devonta Smith will return. Most recently, the same is being heard about Ruggs. One possible contributing factor for Henry is another persistent rumor his brother Kevontae’ will join the Alabama Crimson Tide. Kevontae’ was an undersized linebacker coming out of high school. With no offer from the Crimson Tide, he signed with Ole Miss in the 2018 class. After one season in Oxford, Kevontae’ moved to East Mississippi Community College.
Keep in mind everything in the paragraph above is unconfirmed. Even if the current rumors include some solid information, Jan. 20 (NFL early-entry deadline) is a long way off. Minds will change often between now and then. We don’t throw out much conjecture on this site, but a guess is a Ruggs returning decision would hinge more on Tua than Kevontae’.
Alabama Football Returning Wide Receivers and Tight Ends
- Jaylen Waddle, Wide Receiver, 2020 Junior
- Slade Bolden, Wide Receiver, 2020 Junior
- Tyrell Shavers, Wide Receiver, 2020 Redshirt Junior
- Xavier Williams, Wide receiver, 2020 Junior
- John Metchie, Wide Receiver, 2020 Sophomore
- Miller Forristall, Tight End, 2020 Redshirt Senior
- Major Tennison, Tight End, 2020 Redshirt Junior
- Cameron Latu, Tight End, 2020 Redshirt Sophomore
- Michael Parker, Tight End, Redshirt Sophomore
- Jaheel Billingsley, Tight End, Sophomore
- Possible Wide Receiver Returnees: Henry Ruggs III and Devonta Smith
Alabama Football 2020 Receiver and Tight End Signees
- Thaiu Jones-Bell; 4-Star, Wide Receiver, No. 101 player overall
- Traeshon Holden; 4-Star, Wide Receiver, No. 197 player overall
- Caden Clark; 3-Star, Tight End, No. 18 rated tight end
Alabama Football 2020 Receiver and Tight End Commits
- Javon Baker; 4-Star, Wide Receiver, No. 137 player overall
Check out these Jones-Bell highlights.
And the highlights for Holden.
If Javon Baker qualifies academically, the Crimson Tide is probably finished with wide receivers in the 2020 class. Another tight end remains a priority.
Check out Baker’s highlights.
Grading the Alabama Football 2020 Wide Receiver Class Potential: ‘A-minus’ with Javon Baker. ‘B’ without him.
Grading the Alabama Football 2020 Tight End Class Potential: ‘C-plus’
Many Alabama football fans are still hoping for 5-Star, Darnell Washington to make an early January, public commitment to the Crimson Tide. Most recruiting experts are predicting Washington will go elsewhere.