Alabama Football Records
The presumption required for these predicted records is DeVanta Smith, Najee Harris and Mac Jones do not miss a complete game due to injury.
- Jaylen Waddle entered the 2020 season with a career average kick return yards of 35 yards, placing him No.1 for Crimson Tide players with a minimum of 10 returns and 15 returns. In his shortened Alabama football career, Jaylen only returned 9 kickoffs and the four in 2020, brought his career average down to 23.8 yards. He is No. 1 in punt return average yards for a season and a career.
- DeVonta Smith will break Amari Cooper’s career touchdown receptions mark of 31. With 32 TD catches, Smitty will not only break a Crimson Tide record but an SEC one as well.
- Devonta Smith, at worst will finish No. 2 all-time for Crimson Tide career receiving yards. He might beat out Amari Cooper for a new record.
- Najee Harris will set a new Crimson Tide career touchdown record, passing the 50 TDs scored by Shaun Alexander. Najee will finish No. 1 in career rushing touchdowns, passing Mark Ingram and Derrick Henry.
- Mac Jones has already set a new Crimson Tide record for consecutive completions, surpassing the 16 Greg McElroy connected on (twice) in the 2010 season. Mac is on track to set more records. He is already No. 1 in completion percentage (minimum 100 completions) and ahead of Tua’s pace at 200 minium completions. Mac already holds the Crimson Tide No. 1 spot in total games with 400 passing yards.
There may well be other individual and team records set by the Alabama Crimson Tide this season. Bama Hammer will report each new record.
All of the above paints a lovely crimson picture for the Tide. As the season unfolds, there may be disappointments. It is not being unrealistic to predict every good result in this post. RTR!