Two weeks of quiet does not mean Alabama football has not been busy. Check out the latest from T-Town.
Let’s start with an explanation for Alabama football fans. News means reported information from credible sources. Tidbits are snippets of information, believed to be correct. Buzz describes what might be real or turn out to be only rumor.
Alabama Football News
- The Action Network has the Crimson Tide a 29.5 to 30.5 point favorite against the Kentucky Wildcats.
- Last week, outside linebacker, Kevin Harris put his name in the transfer portal.
- Matt Zenitz of al.com reported Jaylen Waddle will have his cast removed this week. More on Waddle below.
- Tua Tagovailoa is 3-0 as an NFL starting quarterback.
- Indirect Alabama football news, because of a Nick Saban coaching connection, has Will Muschamp having been fired at South Carolina.
Alabama Football Tidbits
- The LSU game is expected to be rescheduled, probably on Dec. 5 with the Arkansas game moving to Dec. 12.
Alabama Football Buzz
- More is being discussed across college football about pushing the 2020 season back two weeks and perhaps even three. More time to finish the season and adding a Playoff bubble could add more legitimacy to 2020 conference and national championships.
- One (and likely the only one) benefit from COVID is a season pushed back two or three weeks might mean a return of Jaylen Waddle for the playoffs.
- A COVID negative is a few Crimson Tide players are expected to miss the Kentucky game.
- An old ‘Karma’ saying may apply to another coaching situation. As the football world knows, Jim Harbaugh could join Will Muschamp on the 2020 ‘Fired’ list. No coach, paid so much, with such high expectations has ever produced so little. The offshoot of the Harbaugh situation is the karma part. Josh Gattis, former Alabama football wide receivers coach, left the Crimson Tide to become Offensive Coordinator for the Wolverines. Nick Saban was not pleased with how Gattis handled the move. Some of Michigan’s problems this season go back to the play-calling of Gattis.
- Not coming from Tuscaloosa, but The Reverend Hugh Freeze is rumored as the top choice for South Carolina and Michigan.
- Jase McClellan and Roydell Williams are battling to be RB3 after Trey Sanders’ surgery. McClellan may have a slight edge.
- Pushing back the season is not expected to allow Trey Sanders to return.
If the LSU game is moved to Dec. 5, the Crimson Tide will have played four straight games going into the SEC Championship. The Florida Gators will have played five.