We are down to it – the last Alabama Football Bold Predictions for the 2021 season. What a blessing this season has been. Not many expected the Alabama Crimson Tide to reach another National Championship Game milestone. There were times – against Florida and Texas A&M – when the Crimson Tide not only did not play like a championship team and left plenty of questions about whether it could become one.
Credit the players for sticking to business and putting in the work, and to Nick Saban for arguably the best coaching job of his career.
The predictions record for the Cotton Bowl game was three correct and four wrong. That takes the season record to 47 correct Bold Predictions and 41 wrong.
A summary of Alabama Football vs. Cincinnati Bold Predictions
- Wrong and Correct – Bold Prediction No. 1 – Jerome Ford went into the game averaging 6.2 yards per carry. The prediction was he would be held under four yards. His average was 5.1. Part two of the prediction was the Bearcats would rush for less than their average of 180 yards per game. The Tide held them to 113 yards gained.
- Wrong – Bold Prediction No. 2 – Desmond Ridder would throw two interceptions was wrong. He was not picked off in 32 pass attempts.
- Wrong – Prediction No. 3 – A total of 10 sacks and hurries were predicted from the Tide defense. The total number was eight.
- Correct – The No. 4 prediction was Brian Robinson Jr. would rush for over 100 yards. B-Rob destroyed the Bearcats’ defense with 204 net rushing yards.
- Wrong – Prediction No. 5 was a pair of backup Crimson Tide receivers would combine for 10 receptions. The only backup to catch a pass was Ja’Corey Brooks with four receptions.
- Correct – Prediction No. 6 – It was predicted the Bearcats would not make a field goal longer than 40 yards. They made two, both less than 40 yards.