It is less than a month until NCAA Tournament Selection Sunday and Alabama Basketball remains in contention for a solid seed position.
At 16-9, the Crimson Tide’s strength of schedule and its NCAA NET ranking of No. 22, with six Quad One wins, gives it seeding potential above several seven and eight-loss teams.
The high profile Bracketologists have not ramped up to full-bracket daily updates. That will come soon. Currently, a good sample of bracket projections depends on weekly updates. Below are the most recent Bracket Projections from Jerry Palm, Joe Lunardi, Eric Prisbell, and the compilation source, The Bracket Matrix.
Alabama Basketball Bracketology – Feb. 15
- Jerry Palm has the Crimson Tide as the No. 6 seed in the Midwest Regional playing Loyola-Chicago.
- Joe Lunardi has the Tide as the No. 5 seed in the West Regional playing Chattanooga.
- Eric Prisbell projects Nate Oats’ team as the top 6-seed.
- The Bracket Matrix has Alabama as the lowest projected 5-seed. The Matrix does not provide precise projections of either region or opponent.
Other SEC teams Bracketology
- Auburn Tigers – Based on the four Bracketology sources, the Tigers are a consensus 1-seed.
- Kentucky Wildcats – Palm, Lunardi and Prisbell have the Cats as a 1-seed. The Matrix has Kentucky as a 2-seed.
- Tennessee Vols – The Vols are a consensus 4-seed.
- LSU Bengal Tigers – Palm, Lunardi and the Matrix have the Bengal Tigers as a 6-seed. Prisbell has Will Wade’s team as the lowest projected 5-seed.
- Arkansas Razorbacks – Lunardi has the Razorbacks a 6-seed. Palm and the Matrix have Arkansas as a 7-seed. Prisbell has the Hogs an 8-seed.
- Florida Gators – Only Jerry Palm has the Gators in the Big Dance as a 12-seed. Lunardi has Florida has the lowest of his ‘first four out.’
- Mississippi State Bulldogs – Ben Howland’s team has work to do to get back to ‘Bubble’ status. That will make the Bulldogs a dangerous team in Tuscaloosa on Wednesday night.
Bracketology for other Crimson Tide opponents
- Gonzaga is a consensus 1-seed.
- Baylor is a consensus 2-seed.
- Houston is a 4-seed per Lunardi and the Matrix; a 5-seed by Prisbell and a 7-seed by Palm.
- Miami is a 9-seed by Palm; a 10-seed by Lunardi and the Matrix and an 11-seed by Prisbell.
- Iona is a 12-seed by Palm, the Matrix and Prisbell, and a 13-seed by Lunardi.
- Davidson is a 10-seed by Prisbell; an 11-seed by Palm and the Matrix and a 12-seed by Lunardi.
- Memphis is a bubble team and Lunardi’s top ‘first four out.’
What a season it has been for college basketball. It has been filled with highs and some lows for the unpredictable Alabama Crimson Tide, with likely more of both to come.